- About Us
- Computer Forum
Mobile Device Management (MDM)
Mobile Device Management (MDM) provides Stanford users with real management capabilities for Apple iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch). MDM provides convenient configuration, self-service tools, and enhanced protection – all while keeping you up to date with best practices. The School of Engineering requires that any iOS devices that have been paid for by Stanford be protected by MDM. Please install MDM on your iOS device by following this guide.
Why would I want MDM? Features you gain:
Ability to set passcode to lock your iOS device
Self Service from http://mdm.stanford.edu or from your iOS device’s home screen allowing you to:
- Reset passcode remotely
- Remotely erase Stanford-only data, or all data from device if it’s lost or stolen
Requirements prior to installing MDM:
- An iOS device running iOS 4.0 or later.
- How can you tell if you’re running iOS4.0 or later?
- Tap Settings, tap General, tap About
- Your version is listed under “Version”
- If you need to update the software on your iOS device, please follow the guide Apple provides here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414
- Backup your iOS device with its current settings
- To perform a backup via iTunes, follow the guide Apple provides here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766