- The cutoff date for the conference rate is May 15, 2010.
- Call conference hotel at 1(866) 540-4489 and mention that you are coming for the ACM / PLDI 2010 conference. As soon as the agent puts in the dates required and searches under ACM, the group block will show with the conference rate, which is $169 / night Canadian.
- Use on-line reservation. Note that some attendees have had trouble accessing the hotel on-line reservation site and/or have seen unusually high rate quotes from the on-line reservations. We recommend calling the hotel directly for making your reservations. Despite what the on-line reservations say, before the deadline the conference rate for attendees is $169 Canadian.
Internet in Hotel Room
Members of the Fairmont President's Club get in-room Internet for no charge. Signing up for membership is free and doing so in advance would make sure the guest receive the benefit. In the contract between PLDI and the hotel, this is the only way to receive free Internet in the sleeping rooms. Here is the link for membership sign up.
- Toronto Airport Express
provides shuttle service to downtown hotels including the Fairmont (C$19.95 one way/ C$32.95 roundtrip).
- A taxi ride would cost about C$39.24. That is roughly C$45 with a 15% tip. It is about 26.3 km.
- Toronto's 100 top restaurants, a list compiled by Joanne Kates, one of the city's best known
food critics. Many of the restaurants are downtown and easily
accessible from the conference cite.