At Stanford, students can get both a BS and MS degrees together by participating in the Coterminal Master's Program (Coterm) for short. This program is extremely popular in computer science, with students from a variety of undergraduate backgrounds (including CS, EE, Psychology, and more) pursuing an MS CS. Any questions about the admissions process should be directed to email@example.com.
Note: The Coterm program is for current Stanford students only. Procedures for applying are different from our regular Master's admissions process.
Coterm Application Fee: $125 coterm application fee will be assessed for each Coterm student who accepts the admission offer.
- All applicants must have earned 120 units toward graduation (UTG) as shown on the undergraduate unofficial transcript. This includes allowable Advanced Placement (AP) and transfer credit.
- Applications must be submitted no later than the quarter prior to the expected completion of your undergraduate degree. In general, applications would have to be filed in the Winter quarter prior to the Spring quarter graduation.
- Applications must be submitted by the deadline for each quarter.
- The Computer Science Department requires that applicants must be registered students (not on "leave of absence" status).
- Please note the deadlines for Coterm applicants.
- The online application to the Coterm program can be found here. Your supporting documents (University/registrar Coterm forms, statement of purpose, resume, unofficial transcripts) must be uploaded on the system. The Computer Science Department requires three letters of recommendation. You can submit your application and then follow up with recommendations later.
- You do have the ability to save your application and return to complete it at a later date by hitting the "save" button. After you have completed the application please hit the "submit" button. You will not be able to make changes to your application after you have pressed the "submit" button. Be sure to "submit" your application by 11:59pm PST the day of the deadline. No late submissions will be accepted.
Note: Admitted CS Coterm students are not eligible to defer to a different term.