New Graduate Student Checklist
Main content start
Consider the following items to ensure that you're fully prepared for the first week at Stanford:
- Apply for a Xenon computer account (CSID) online by September 18th. For additional information, visit the computer and email setup webpage.
- Review the following trainings:
- Confirm your housing option.
- Apply for a phone connection through the Communication & Networking services.
- By October 15, 2023, pay your University bill (due dates found here).
- Open a bank account (if needed).
- Arrange for payroll deductions and direct deposit of your paychecks here.
- Enroll for courses (file your study list) using Axess by 5:00pm on Tuesday, September 26th.
- To enroll in independent study, review the Office of the Registrar's website.
- Explore the Stanford Bulletin (the courses and degrees catalog).
- International students: To apply for a social security card, information can be found here.
- Apply for a California driver's license or a California ID card here.
- International students: Refer to this link to apply for a California driver's license.